3D Christmas Tree


Christmas is coming closer each day which means I really need to hurry up with my Christmas baking! I love my Christmas tree, and we only just put it up a few days ago. What's a better way to celebrate than making an edible version?! I used a pack of star cookie cutters (ranging from big to small) and stacked them with buttercream.  Decorate whatever colour you want!









Ingredients
350g unsalted butter, soft
400g caster sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
800g plain flour, preferably Italian 00
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Method

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced).  Cream the butter and sugar until pale and moving towards moussiness, then beat in eggs and vanilla.  In another bowl, combine flour, powder and salt.  Add dry ingredients to butter and eggs, and mix gently but surely.  If you think mixture is too sticky to be rolled out, add more flour, but do so sparingly as this makes the dough tougher.  Halve the dough, form into fat discs, wrap each in clingwrap and rest in fridge for at least 1 hour.  Sprinkle some flour on board, place 1 disc of dough on board (leave other in fridge) and roll out to about 1/2cm thickness.  Cut star shapes (you will need 20 or so) and place them a little apart on baking trays.  Bake for 8-12 minutes, by which time they will be lightly golden around the edges.  Cool on rack and continue with the rest of the dough.  When they're all fully cooled, you can get on with the icing.  






Ingredients
250g unsalted butter, softened
3 cups icing sugar
+ green food colouring

Method
Beat butter until smooth.  Gradually add icing sugar until smooth. Add food colour and pipe onto stacked start cookies. Use a leaf tip.  I added edible glitter and edible baubles for my festive look.




Comments

  1. haloo... im Adam From indonesia theks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how delicious!! That tree wouldn't last in my home..lol.. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany that tree looks just amazing, you have done a fantastic job. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your edible cookie Christmas tree, what a great idea! Your real tree in the background looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore ton arbre de Noël, il est super beau!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. Giving it three dimensions, I would think, would make you want to leave it there and not eat it, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely 3D edible Christmas Tree!! This is a fantastic idea! That's very creative of you, Brittany! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love it. My Mom was just telling me about one she saw. Hope I get a chance to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. C'est trop joli! Je note pour en faire avec les enfants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'est extraordinaire!
    Mes felicitations Brittany.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous - so clevet. It would be a lovely table centrepiece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No way!!! I am so impressed, I've always been meaning to make something like this but I never thought it was actually possible! You've inspired me to try my best to make one, I hope it comes out as well as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the glittery star at the top of the tree - perfect for the time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know why I've never done this with my kids. It's so dang cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah this is so cool! and I love your matching Christmas tree serviettes! and the bottom pic where you can see your real tree in the background - so festive! Yeah red velvet is made with cocoa but for me it doesn't taste chocolate-y enough, it pretty much tastes of nothing so I'd rather pick an actual chocolate cupcake any day of the week over red velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super-impressive! I would love to have this Christmas tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool tree! Looks like it took forever to make!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm sure whoever gets treated to this christmas tree would be wowed! they look impressive! i also see some very nice christmas decor in the background of your last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Christmas tree. What a gorgeous centrepiece!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a stunning Christmas tree. I love it, keep up the good work, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is SO incredibly genius and beautiful. I am REALLY impressed. Christmas is definitely a time for baking.

    Thank you for your comment on my recent post. You're right... the "ideal" man or woman is totally personal preference. This makes me think of it in a new light. Only time will tell me what happens in romanceland.
    Take care! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have so much cute stuff that I have been missing. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i've been wanting to make one of these but forgot... and ran out of time this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maine un lamhat se mohabbat ki hai, Tum se milna to ek khwab sa lagta hai, Maine Tumhare intezar se mohaplay bazaarwebsites new creating ideas satta king Tere naam se Mohabbat ki hai, Tere Ehsaas se Mohabbat ki hai, Tum mere pass nahi phir bhi, Tumhari yaad se Mohabbat ki hai, Kabhi Tum ne bhi mujhe yaad kiya hoga.

    ReplyDelete
  25. you give us a new way to present a Christmas tree. this was amazing i loved it. ganga music

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment