Flower Cookies

On Thursday it was my 18th birthday! It has been a wonderful week filled with lots off different celebrations.  On Tuesday I went to the beach with family friends, on Wednesday my family and I went to a French restaurant, and on Thursday I went clubbing for the first time with my friends! I recieved a lot of Paris themed presents and cooking themed presents; which is so lovely and I'm really grateful for.  Among them, was this new cookie tray my mother bought me.  It was a tray with 12 flower-shaped indents. I was really intriguied to see if the flower shape would work well. So today, I've taken a slow day of baking and resting (in light of last nights adventure) in order to test out this tray.  In the end, the cookies turned out really beautiful and the details showed up well.  I used a vanilla butter biscuit recipe (found here) and covered them with a glaze; the recipe for which is below.

Ingredients for Glaze
half of 1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
1-2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
Place icing sugar in bowl.  Add liquid ingredients.  Using a whisk, stir together until smooth.  Place a cooling rack over your sink.  Dip cookies in the glaze and them put them on the tray.  I like to put it over the sink as it's less messy.  Chill in fridge before serving.

Comments

  1. The cookies look awesome and I can see why you like France so much, when I was in Paris I could not get over the amazing food on offer from the high end restaurants to the tiny bakeries with all of their pastries and baguettes spilling out onto the street, ahh I want to go back!
    Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday wishes. The flower cakes look so pretty. Have a great weekend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 18th birthday to you!!! :) The flower prints show up well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! Your cookies look awesome--that glaze topping is gorgeous too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! How nice to be 18! :)
    It's great that you had a wonderful time and your cookies looks lovely! I love receiving bakewares for my birthday too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bit late but Happy birthday!!! 18 years old that's great, I wish you all the best for this year. And your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated birthday!!Sounds like you had a fantastic time. These cookies look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday!! These cookies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday - 18 is one of the first big landmarks!
    Your flower biscuits are lovely - I like how they're detailed without being fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday and congratulations! Love your flower biscuits - they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday! so nice to received baking related items for birthday, those cookies are sweet looking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy happy birthday, Brittany!!! So glad your weekend was a blast and so happy to hear you are well!

    The cookies look absolutely delightful! Pretty post, dear!

    xx,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cookies look delicious! And Happy Belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow just found your blog and i cant believe our similarities! i'm studying nutrition as well and have an obsession with everything French. have you ever been? definitely going to start following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday! The cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cookies look so good. Hope you come back with more delicious recipes soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look wonderful! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cookies look delicious! And Happy Belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday! The cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday! The cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maine un lamhat se mohabbat ki hai, Tum se milna to ek khwab sa lagta hai, Maine Tumhare intezar se mohaplay bazaarwebsites new creating ideas satta king Tere naam se Mohabbat ki hai, Tere Ehsaas se Mohabbat ki hai, Tum mere pass nahi phir bhi, Tumhari yaad se Mohabbat ki hai, Kabhi Tum ne bhi mujhe yaad kiya hoga.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment