Creamy Lemon and Raspberry Filled Mini Paris Brests pour toi!

Today, I have made these mini Paris Brests for you.  Yes, you, dear reader!  I would like to say a big "thank you," or "merci," to my followers.  Yesterday, I noticed that I have over 200 followers.  I am blown-away by this number! I am so thankful for your support, your comments and your encouragements!  I am also grateful that I get to read your lovely blogs in return.  I have really made friends in the blogosphere.  In my mind, you all have your own specialities; be it French recipes, healthy food or American treats at their best.  On the other hand, at the core of my blog, is a love of France and the way French chefs present their food so well.  I try to uphold this importance of food presentation in every post.  
These Paris Brests are filled with Creamy Lemon and Raspberry Filling and topped with White Chocolate Ganache. 

Ingredients for Choux Pastry
200ml water
2g caster sugar
1g sea salt
100g unsalted butter
175g 00 [bakers] flour, or alternatively plain flour
4-5 eggs [approx 60-70g)

Method for Pastry
Place cold water, salt and sugar in a pot; bring to a gentle boil. Meanwhile cut the butter into 1cm dice cubes and add to pot so butter just melts as water approaches gentle boil (should be around 98 degrees). At that point add all of the sifted flour. Mix immediately over low heat with wooden spoon. Dough will come away from sides of pot and develop a gloss; cook in order to bind for about 2-3 minutes. You will know roughly when it is glossy, bound and steam is coming off mixture. Remove from heat, keep stirring for 2 minutes off the heat to let it cool slightly. A trick to test if it's cool enough is to touch with your fingers and if they don't hurt/burn then it's fine. This is important otherwise the eggs, which are now to be added, will simply scramble. Add 1 of the eggs, and incoroporate thoroughly. Then add another, and incorporate. Keep going until all eggs are in and the mixture is not to dry or stiff. A trick to testing if the choux pastry is going okay is to see if it slowly falls off the spoon when held up in the air over the bowl. The paste should ultimately be a piping consistency ie. hold up on the tray.   Use a 8-10mm straight nozzle in the piping bag and water to smooth any mishapen strips.  Line a tray and pipe small and even shaped circles on the tray.  Should be able to pipe rougly 6-8, depending on size.  Bake at 190 degrees in moist oven until fully risen, 8 or so minutes. When I say moist - spray your oven with some water from a bottle before poping the tray in. Alternatively pop a small stainless steel bowl full of water at the bottom tray of your oven. Now you need a dry oven to colour the pastry for another 6 minutes or until golden in colour then drop temperature to 140-150 degrees to dry out inside of pastry, another 10-15 minutes necessary baking time. Remove and place on cooling rack. 

Ingredients for Creamy Lemon and Raspberry Filling

120mL freshly whipped cream
250g mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 tbsp icing sugar
juice of 1 large lemon
1 cup fresh raspberries, chopped roughly

Method
In a bowl, beat together the mascarpone cheese, whipped cream, sugar and lemon juice until combined.  Stir through the raspberries until combined. 

Ingredients for White Chocolate Ganache

250g white chocolate, chopped
100mL full fat cream
1 drop of pink food colouring
40 edible petals

Method

In a bain-marie set up, melt the white chocolate.  Just before the white chocolate is fully melted, and I mean just before (ie. very few lumps left), pour the cream in and mix together until completely combined.  Remove from heat.  Stir together so there are no lumps and the cream is incorporate.  Add 1 drop of pink food colouring and stir together until the ganache is now coloured pink.  Allow to cool slightly before using in assembly.

Method for Assembly

Place cooked and cooled paris brests on a chopping board. Carefully take a knife and slice the brests in half horizontally.  Using two teaspoons, place the Creamy Lemon and Raspberry Filling onto one of the halves of pastry.  Smooth out.  Top this filled half with the other pastry half.  Now drizzle the cooled White Chocolate Ganache on top of the Paris Brest.  Sprinkle each Paris Brest with 5 petals and serve!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Brittany on your 200 followers. You deserve it with all the superb recipes that you give us to follow. This recipe looks wonderful and I can just imagine the flavours in my mouth. I am hoping that one day we will meet up when you come over to France. Keep up the good work I love your blog. Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Brittany - I, for one, can say that it's always a delight visiting your sunny blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! They look delightful. Congrats on the 204 followers. It's a great blog, that's why. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely, sweet post. And beyond delicious Paris Brests. I want some with hot chocolate right NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brittany, Congratulations! It is always a pleasure visiting your blog. Thank you for the Paris Brests, I'm sure they are delicious! Here's to another 200 more followers. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look adorable, thank you so much for thanking us!... I assume you'll be sending these to me in the post this week? : )

    Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet; what you wrote and the Paris Breats!!!! I am so happy to know you and follow you regularly. I am always supprised and amazed by what new and inventive recipes you have in stall for me! Congrads and good luck for the future. May many more follow!

    Cheers,
    Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - these do look amazing . You are oh so clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. J'adore les Paris Brest, c'est trop bon. Merci pour cette belle recette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, just what I want to eat when I visit Paris in a few weeks! Now I can make them, close my eyes and dream that I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Brittany this look absolutely amazing! gloria
    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a pleasure to follow you dear.
    So nice your brests with that wonderfull filling!! Yammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! they definitely look tasty. Congratulations on the 200 plus followers, reading your blog always brings a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't imagine how long this took you to prepare! Lovely presentation:)
    V

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want! :-) Your Paris-Brest looks amazing, but so does everything you make. Congrats on reaching 200 followers - that's an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a talented cook. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad to have found your blog recently, it's a lovely blog and filled with wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brittany, first visit on your blog that looks totally delicious! please do check out my crazy for cake event and see if you'd like to send in an entry - here is the link - Love Australia - whereabouts - We traveled to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Cairns - LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oops here is the link -http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/02/announcing-second-guest-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have out done yourself with this one. Looks so pretty and a proper treat befitting of your 200 followers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your 200 followers :)! And thank you for the Paris-Brest :D! It's one of my favorite Parisian pastries. <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. The list is growing too fast,congratulations !
    The pastry is really tempting !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Magnifiques! This is an original version of the Paris Brest!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks absolutely delicious and beautiful! And your post is so sweet :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brittany, you are a born 'artiste'! Beautiful presentation and wonderful recipe. This looks like an elegant and delectable treasure!
    Congrats by the way on exceeding 200 followers- much deserved to a kind soul!

    xx,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look amazing. It's no wonder you have so many followers - your blog is a real pleasure to read. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi,Brittany!
    Congratulations on your 200 followers! You really deserve it. You have a lovely and yummy blog :)
    xx,
    Mavi.-

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are so beautiful with all these flower petals.

    Congratulations with your more than 200 followers! Your blog is fantastic and that's why you got so many followers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulation! you have done so... well and I always love taking a peek over to your site to see what delicacy you have created for us. Your photo's are always a delight! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are such dainty pastries! Perfectly crafted, and what a delicious filling!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Merci pour le partage de cette jolie recette.
    Je te souhaite un bel après-midi ensoleillé
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations! Brittany, you never fail to impress me - your dessert looks amazing and your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for stopping by my blog. The beef bulgogi was really quite simple! I modified a FOOD magazine recipe from May 2004.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so nice of you. I love what you do so much.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love Paris brest, it seems that I always have a hard time preparing choux pastry. Love the choice of filling.

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are just beautiful! You are so creative and certainly deserve a large following.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's not surprising, when you turn out such beautiful things! I love your blog and appreciate your visits to mine.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are such delectable little treats! I want to scoop one up to have with my tea right now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. I so enjoy your blog :) Your presentation is impeccable- very French ;) Mine is not always as impeccable, ha! When the Booze Hound is hungry, there's no time! Love the pretty petals!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Brittany you deserve and will get way more than 200 followers! Your blog is amazing : ) I am loving this recipe. Lemon and Raspberries are a perfect combination! : )

    ReplyDelete
  41. it looks too perfect and delicate to eat! we love your blog xoxo bunny bling bling

    ReplyDelete
  42. quelle belle gourmandise !
    bon mercredi pour toi
    en savoie c'est le printemps et ça fait du bien de retrouver les couleurs !
    biz
    val de familyblog

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations on 200 followers! You deserve it. You have a wonderful blog.

    I have never seen this dessert before. It not only sounds amazing, it looks gorgeous. You are super talented.

    ReplyDelete
  44. bonjour ! je viens juste de découvrir ton blog grâce à Hélène, et il me donne l'eau à la bouche !!! bonne semaine ...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulation, Brittany. You have a lovely blog and that number of followers will double before you know it. Your recipe today sounds wonderful and I'll have to give your filling a try. I use a praline cream for mine but I'm always looking for new ways to do things. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  46. hi brittany, i'm glad that i've followed you, you have great food and recipes out here. The filling does sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Kedves Brittany
    Ez a süti ízletesnek néz ki. Ha van időm, megnézem a blogodat. Gratulálok hozzá, és kérlek, hogy nézd meg az én blogomat, mert szeretnék adni neked egy Díjat. http://usubufood.blogspot.com/2011/03/dijak-es-teli-alom.html

    Dear Brittany
    This cookie looks delicious. If I have time, I'll look your blog. Congratulation to it, and please look my blog, because I would like to give you an Award. http://usubufood.blogspot.com/2011/03/dijak-es-teli-alom.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you :) I'm going to eat my Paris Brest and enjoy it very much ;) I like the flower decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Being as sweet as you are as well as treating with your sweets has made you very popular indeed.
    It's always a pleasure to follow you Brittany ;o)

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  50. These look fantastic! I love choux pastry, lemons and raspberries, so this is really calling my name. Congratulations on reaching 200 followers!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Congrats on all the followers.

    This is presented so great! I love top photo!

    ReplyDelete
  52. As if paris brests weren't cute enough, you went n' made 'em mini! I've been dying to try choux pastry for a while now. This looks super delish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment