Bouquet of Roses

I've been practicing my fondant skills recently and I thought what better way to showcase it than to celebrate Spring.  I know that many of you are experiencing this lovely season in all its glory; yes, I am jealous of you Parisians and your flowers!  So today, I decided to make my own flowers.  A pink bouquet of roses!







Ingredients
1 vanilla sponge cake cut into 6cm wide circle and stacked 10cm high
1/2 cup buttercream
250g green fondant, rolled
200g pink fondant, rolled
1 tbsp royal icing
1/2 tsp pink edible glitter

Method
Dirty ice the vanilla stacked sponge with the buttercream icing.  Taking approx 100g of the green fondant, drape it over the sponge and smooth out.  With the left over green rolled fondant, lay it on a cutting board.  Cut 1cm wide strips (which will act as the boquet's stems).  Take one strip at a time and smooth it against the fondant-covered-sponge.  Continue until all strips are against the cake; creating  a "bunch of stems" appearance.  Now roll any left over green fondant, say 25-30g worth, into a ball and place it on top, in the middle, of the cake.  This will enable you to place some roses around the ball shape, and then some roses sloping upwards to create a realistic 3D bouqet look.  Now make the roses.  Start off by making roughly 12 large roses.  Then roll smaller ones, then roll the smallest ones.  Effectively you should have 3 rows of roses in a ring.  To make a rose, you need to roll out the pink fondant and cut a stripe roughly 4cm wide.  The width and lenght of the fondant strip will determine the size of your rose.  Take the strip, and fold it gently in half horizontally.  Take one end of the strip and gently roll it up, ensuring that one end of the tip is higher than the end.  Place 12 large roses around the edge of the cake, another ringed-row of smaller roses, and then the final few roses which should be very very small.  Stick the roses on via royal icing.  Sprinkle the rose boquet with pink edible glitter.  Serve.

Comments

  1. This looks stunning. I want to try to make this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo pretty! I love the added disco dust on it to bring out the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words. Wonderfull!! great job dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful attempt - it takes some people a long time to do this. I saw some lovely tools for you to do this with in Bondi recently. Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I want to be able to mess around with fondant and have it look as pretty as this!! Such a pretty little cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Brittany, c'est trop mignon ce que tu as fait, j'adore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! It's mother's day here next sunday - it would make a cute gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely stunning!... what else can I say?! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so pretty and delicious too! It would make a great Mother's Day gateau!
    ENjoy,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Gorgeous! It did not take you long to master fondant:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG These roses look absolutely beautiful, Love your work! amazing gloria

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, they look so pretty..looks like you're doing a good job in fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I love the pink glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. excellent travail on dirait que c'est des vrais roses c'est magnifiques ma chère toutes mes félicitations et bravo
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Brittany, that is just exquisite! It absolutely looks like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muy precioso trabajo,son muy bellas ,tu originalidad perfecta,me encantó, si parecen que fueran de verdad,cariños y abrazos,de verdad mereces un gran aplauso.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really well done! Fondant is something that we don't find in France, but you must have a really good time creating things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi from Greece! Your sweet from fondant is marvellous like spring! Congratulations!
    My blog has the same template with your, unbelievable!!! If you want come for a visit and follow me like I will do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brittany! Absolutely amazing and just gorgeous! I am beyond impressed with your ability.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! Your roses are beautiful, well done, Brittany!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're getting the hang of these fondant. Looks lovely, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi Brittany. I love that you play with fondant - I have never even attempted. Those roses are super sweet! Thanks so much for stopping by my page this weekend - that was one of my most favorite posts - European FOOD! -diane
    http://www.sweeteuropeandreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a beautiful bouquet of roses! Great job, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh such pretty roses!! I love the added sparkle of the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done! I am impressed with anyone who has patience for fondant and you do a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. No way, this is epic! This looks amazing, I love the use of the edible glitter too :) Do you have any photos of you making it in the process? I would love to see how you rolled those roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty and no doubt very tasty too :-)

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great Job! I know fondant flowers are hard to do! Yours look so great!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is simply a work of art...just so pretty..how do you have the heart to eat it! Many blessings, Catherine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brittany your cake looks sooo gorgeous! Your doing a wonderful job with the fondant. Absolutely splendid way to celebrate the joys of spring!

    xx,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty and I love the glittery dusting on the roses! What a great job you did with the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are SO beautiful!! I'm kind of scared to work with fondant, but now I'm totally tempted to try :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks colorful and an innovative one!!

    I am here for first time happy following you..

    valar
    http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Trust me, I'm better off looking at your beautiful creation than out the window here in Paris. Dreary and rainy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, how fabulous! Love the beauty of your bouquet :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Brittany,
    This looks amazing!! What a beautiful creation and the colour combinations looks so good. Can not wait to see more!! Keep up the good work :)
    have an amazing Sunday
    hugs
    Manni

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is absolutely amazing. I wouldn't mind receiving a bouquet of these flowers. Fantastic talent!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, that looks stunning! Definitely has a spring-y feel to it, would have made a great Mother's Day gift, wish I'd seen this recipe sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your fondant roses are darling! Love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are so cute!! I absolutely love them, and thanks for explaining the process, I can't wait to try and incorporate this into a cake of some sort :o)

    ReplyDelete
  41. These are as perfect as can be. Your practice has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love anything with roses, in any ingredients! I make tomato roses all the time, but these little things are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Theses roses are so lovely made!! Beautiful beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  44. play bazaar Food and dinner can make you best tip, Varun beverages are helping to Pepsicosatta king Thanked good wealth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment