Caramel Choc-Chip Mud Cakes

I recently had a girl's night sleepover with my highschool friends as a way to celebrate the end of holidays and beginning of uni.  I knew immediately that chocolate needed to be on the dessert menu.  So when I came across this recipe within my Women's Weekly "Cake" cookbook I knew they would perfectly fulfil our mandatory chocolate consumption.  They contain not only milk chocolate, but also white chocolate which is melted with golden syrup and brown sugar to create a subtle caramel flavour.  And as all good mudcakes are, these turned out moist, dense and ever so tempting.

Ingredients

90g white eating chocolate, chopped corsely
90g unsatled butter, chopped coarsely
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 cup milk
3/4 plain flour
1/4 cup self-raising flour
1 egg
2-3 tbsp milk chocolate chips, frozen

Method
Preheat oven to 140 degrees (fan-forced) and grease a friand pan; line bases with baking paper.  Stir white chocolate, butter, brown sugar and syrup and milk in a saucepan over low heat until smooth.  Cool for 15 minutes.  Whisk sifted flours and egg; stir in chocolate bits.  Divide mixture among pan holes.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes; turn top-side up onto wire rack too cool.  Serve.

Comments

  1. You photograph your food so very well Brittany!
    these individual mud cakes sound and look divine.
    xx
    "All Things French"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering :-)))) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look lovely, Brittany and sound so easy to make! For the frozen chocolate bits do you just freeze ordinary choco chips? Thanks Nessa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look soooo good! I'm so going to try them! Mcbx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those look totally delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks tempting! Great for that chocolate craving.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ces petits gâteaux chocolatés ont l'air très bons. Tu as bien choisi, pour faire plaisir à des filles, il faut absolument du chocolat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yummy! They look and sound delicious! The more kinds of chocolate the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brittany...my niece will be all over these. I'm sending her your post right away!!!

    Thanks for your sweetness ;o)

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks good and must have tasted very chocolatey! yum! your friends must have enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this makes me want one to go with my café but I would probably get the sugar-sleepies soon after. Each of the ingredients is worthy of its own recipe but to see them all together in one would be delish!

    Bises,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  12. très gourmand, je me régal
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  13. the photo is amazing and the recipe looks really good too.. I will have to try these... that darn diet is never going to start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Je craque complètement! Ils ont l'air fabuleux! Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for a sleep over! By the way, I have a contest giveaway on my blog you might find fun. Take a look. triumphandtears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is nothing better than carbing out with girlfriends! Nothing! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so cute. It would definitely satisfy my chocolate craving! I love the cake stand too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Read about this caramel mud cake being the most popular cake to bake, rated by Aus women weekly. I like the way you made them into small little ones. very nice...I like your cake stand too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Looks good! Your friends are very lucky to have someone who loves to bake! ..And I like your cake stand too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look nice and perfect Brittany! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  21. those sound wonderful, and like the perfect sleepover food! I had a cold and lazy Sunday, but didn't get any baking done.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How irresistibly delicious! Your girls night sounds fun - I bet everyone loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are incredible and I love the idea of all that chocolate with a hint of caramel flavor. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look irresistable. You always have such beautiful cakes on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have just started following your blog, and wow! All your cakes look seriously scrummy! Especially these mud cakes, and so easy to make by the looks of the method! will have to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. They look delicious and pretty easy to make too - always a bonus in my books.

    Beautiful photography!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wo hame ek lamha na de paye apne pyar ka,aur hum unke liye apni zindagi gawa beithe play bazaar is very good blogspot satta king Dil se roye magar honto se muskura beithe,yunhi hum kisi se wafa nibha beithe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment