Museli Mix Up Slice

My Dad returns to work after New Years holidays today.  So, I made him some museli bars for his work lunch.  But really they are nicer than museli bars which is why I named them a "museli mix up slice." In my mind, slice is usually moister; with an iresistable soft-but-chewy texture.  Feel free to change the dried fruit, seed or nuts to your own taste.

Ingredients
50g margarine (or butter)
1/3 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup honey
generous 1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/3 cup crushed up Special K cereal
1/2 cup self-raising flour
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
50g sultanas
40g dates, chopped roughly
1/3 cup almonds, chopped roughly
1 tbsp full cream milk powder
1 tbsp water

Method
In a saucepan, on medium heat, melt together the margarine, sugar and honey.  Meanwhile, combine the other ingredients in a bowl, except for the 1 tbsp of water.  Once the sugar in the saucepan has dissolved, pour it over the dry ingredients.  Stir together until mixture comes together; add water in.  Pour into a lined and greased square tin and bake for 25 minutes on 170 degrees (fan-forced).  Remove from oven when golden brown; texture will firm up upon cooling.  Leave in tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.  Cut into 6 medium size museli bars.

Comments

  1. These look fab for a lunchbox - might have to rustle some of these up for the kids and hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - think I will need to make a batch for when Hubby goes back to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet daughter you are! These bars sounds great and would be wonderful with a glass of cold milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always on the search for a better muesli slice. These look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Dad and lucky us for getting such a tasty treat. I've never made this...and I don't understand why I didn't. After all, the ingredients are perfect for my palate ;O)

    Happy New Year sweet Brittany. Looking forward to all your future kitchen moments ;0)

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just my sort of thing -they look like a less chewy flapjack. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds perfect for when we are out cycling and need a pick me up. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. i havent tried making my own muesli bars..looks really good..great for breakfast and snacks too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very tasty! I will bookmark this for when I am back on treats. It still looks pretty healthy tho and very very delicious I love muesili!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Des barres qui semblent délicieuses et qui me plaisent beaucoup.
    A tester dès que possible.
    Très bonne année et à bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those look amazing!!!! Thank you for this post. I hope all is well with you this evening

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a nice daughter to make those for your dad. :) They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're such a lovely daughter to make a healthy snack for dad! I bet he loved them! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment