Lovely and Light Biscuit Fingers

These biscuit fingers have been on my 'to make' list since before Christmas.  It feels great to finally have crossed them off.  I tweaked the original recipe to come up with my version, which is written below.  I'm very happy with how they turned out. I'll be making them again for sure! They are light and airy; unfortunately this does mean that they are far too easy to eat...

Ingredients
125g unsalted butter
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp full fat milk
1/2 tsp natural yoghurt
1/2 cup cornflour
2/3 cup plain flour
60g dark (or white) chocolate melts
1/4 tsp vegetable oil

Method
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare two baking trays by lining and greasing them.  Using electric beaters, beat the sugar and butter together.  Add vanilla, zest, milk and yoghurt; beat to combine.  Sift flour and cornflour over this mixture and beat until well combined and mixture is smooth for piping.  Spoon mixture into piping bags with a fitted 1.5cm star nozzle.  Pipe 4cm (1 1/2 inch) lengths onto prepared trays.  Bake biscuits for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Leave to harden slightly, say 5 minutes, on trays before moving to a wire rack.  Meanwhile, place chocolate and oil in a small bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, place in a piping bag and pipe onto biscuit fingers.  Altneratively, use a fork or spoon to drizzle over biscuits.  Allow to set, then serve.  Biscuits should last for 3 days in an airtight container, keep in a cool and dark place. 

Comments

  1. looks yummy! they look so professionally made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious. I must try them soon ... With a nice cup of coffee ... Mmmmmm ...
    Kisses
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I best not make them then if they are too easy to eat :P - trying to lose the weight!

    They do look lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ingredients in these biscuits so they are now on my 'to do' list. Thanks. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo yummy!! They look perfect. I think I need some with a cup of tea. I love the plate you served them on, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic! They look much easier to produce than my refrigerator cookies - definitely on my to make list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do look lovely and delicate. Especially love the drizzle on top. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely and yummy blog and Im following you and I love this recipe, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ces bicuits tout simple sont d.abord tout simple et ils ont l'air trop bon... Il est vrai qu'il doit être difficile de n'en manger qu'un...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo so pretty! THese look just like the biscuits my parents used to buy at the store when we were kids. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful and would be perfect with my afternoon coffee. They look feather light :-). You really do a fantastic job for one so new to the kitchen. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum. I've not made a batch of these in forever, or so it seems. Thanks for the reminder ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. qu'ils sont beaux
    bon dimanche
    glacial chez moi
    val de familyblog

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are really pretty and I like their shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so elegant! So pretty, and they sound delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got a huge list of cookies that were supposed to be made during the holidays too. I'll probably slowly give them a try during the next few months.

    Brittany, these look scrumptious...especially since the ingredients represent the lightness you describe ;o)

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  17. look gorgeous especially with the chocolate driizle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love the addition of cornflour to cookies coz that sure makes them a bit crisper which is always a good thing !!
    And they sure do look lovely , amazingly lovely :-)
    Thannxx a ton for hoppn by too , but i dont blog at VSSF anymore :-(coz i couldn get the feeds straightened out there :-(


    Lastest post.... http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/02/cookie-crumblejammers-r-cookies-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely going on my to bake list as well. Yours look so beautiful and enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look right up my street, totally yummy yet stylish too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment