Domestic Goddess Muesli Bars

If you can fill your fridge with home-made basics like bread, muesli bars or biscuits, than I believe you are well on the path to becoming a Domestic Goddess.  This recipe comes from the Domestic Goddess herself, Nigella Lawson. And I absolutely love them! In the coming week I will definitely be needing to make simple goods, such as these, because my city is becoming inundated with water.  Fortunately my home, and family, will remain safe.  However, our main streets are being flooded and certain suburbs are being evacuated.  All my thoughts go out to those Australians affected by the floods.

Ingredients
250g rolled oats
395g sweetened condensed milk
425g mixture of nuts, seeds, dried fruit or coconut

Method
Heat the condensed milk in the saucepan.  Combine the rolled oats, nuts and so on in a bowl.  Pour warm condensed milk over the dry mixture; stir to combine.  Pour into a rectangle pan and bake for one hour on 130 degrees (fan-forced).

Comments

  1. I'm glad that you and your family are safe - I too am thinking of all of those affected by the floods.

    Oh and these museli bars look good - and nice and simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. I am glad to hear you are safe. Goodness it's incredible!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to know that you and the family are safe. We have been watching the news and it does not look good.

    This recipe is just perfect for us to snack on while out cycling. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you and your family are safe - Mum has been keeping me updated on the latest news from home. Heart breaking!
    Great recipe and a brill snack to have on hand. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Isn't 'domestic goddess' an oxy-moron?

    Anyway, I hope your family and you stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with all those poor people - really tough.

    Love these bars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Sasha, Haha it definitely it is. I, however, am being quite serious. In my opinion, when I picture a "perfect housewife" (let's pretend she exists), I imagine her baking the simple things for her family. She doesn't buy bread, she makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one Brittany...it's like goodness on fast track. Gonna make it soon. Take care dear girl...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you and your family are keeping safe. I love Nigella's recipes, and this one looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love oat bars but pay way too much for the storebought variety. Love that you've shared this easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear you are safe and sound.

    This is such a wonderful treat, perfect for breakfast. Would you link it to Let's Do Brunch?

    http://sweetsav.blogspot.com/2011/02/lets-do-brunch-14.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment