White Christmas Slice

This is my mother's absolute favourite! I'm making it, ahead of time, to give to her on Christmas eve (tomorrow!!!).  It is a popular Christmas time sweet for Australians.  Have you heard of it? Well, I can't even begin to describe how good it is.  Makes 9 large slices; beware they vanish as soon as they're made.

Ingredients
125g copha
70g icing sugar
90g sultanas, or mixed fruit
50g glacé cherries, chopped roughly
45g desicated coconut
55g full cream milk powder
40g rice bubbles cereal

Method

Line a 15cm by 15cm square tin.  Melt the copha on low heat in a saucepan.  Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.  Once copha is melted (to liquid form), pour over the bowl ingredients.   Stir toghether so that everything is coated well; ensure no powder fragments are visible.  Spoon into prepared tin and smooth out.  Chill in fridge for few hours until firm enough to cut into slices.  Share out the White Christmas goodness! Store in the fridge.

Comments

  1. Looks great, I remember this well. I'm sure your Mum will love this ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! You're so sweet, i'm sure your mom will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white Christmas too - yours looks delicious! Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love/hate relationship with it - I love eating it but then I always feel a little bit ill afterwards - it must be the copha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnifique ma chère amie! Tout ce que tu fais l'est d'ailleurs. Tu as des doigts de fée ma belle! Joyeuses fêtes! Je t'embrasse, Caro B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness - I am trying to be extra good this Christmas but it has all gone out the window now I have read your blog today - yes this would have to be one of my favourite things at Christmas. I need some white Christmas NOW!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always learning new things and "white Christmas" is one of them! Also, I do not think that we can get Copha in the US (I googled it). I know that your Mum will enjoy it!

    Merry Christmas, Brittany!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so great! I'm sure it would be one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen that treat before. That looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, I think I'll faint once I eat a slice of it, it looks like heaven!!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not seen this delicious yummy before! Definitely fits it name prettily! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year! Have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum I love white Christmas, your slice looks fantastic.

    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen this before but it looks delicious and is definitely something I would try. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I know what Copha is, just looked it up. The bars look wonderful. Your mom is very lucky.
    Merry Christmas.
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen this before. It looks wonderful. I would love to try it.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I quickly looked around and realized what an incredibly busy kitchen bee you been ;O)

    Brittany, here's wishing you and your loved ones a great Christmas and a very great year ahead.

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mouth is watering!

    I actually first thought that your White Christmas Slice should be turned into a soap. Sounds odd, but if you check out this site you'll understand: http://www.pinkparchmentsoaps.com

    My favorite that they have is this one: http://www.pinkparchmentsoaps.com/item_46/Strawberry-Cheesecake-Soap.htm

    I also like this one: http://www.pinkparchmentsoaps.com/item_56/Gingerbread-Man-Soap.htm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alissa that's amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks delicious, but what is copha?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment