Mediterranean style Pasta Salad

This was served up at Christmas among our many other salads.  However, it is great for all year round! You can make your own pasta like I did, or just use the packaged pasta for convenience and uniformity (as you may notice my pasta bows are all a little...unique).


Ingredients
400g [uncooked] pasta dough, rolled through to desired thickness
350g pesto jar sauce
125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
100g roasted bottled capscium, drained and chopped
100g roasted bottled artichoke, drained and chopped
2 celery sticks, washed, trimmed and sliced
250g rocket leaves, torn
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
optional 2 tbsp kalamata olives, deseeded and chopped
optional 2 tbsp pine nuts

Method
Taking the rolled sheets of pasta dough, cut into small bow shapes to mimic farfalle pasta.  Do this by cutting a horizontal strip into your pasta sheets, roughly 4cm wide.  Then cut this strip in half or even quarters so that you know have little rectangles, roughly 4cm wide and 5-6cm long.  Now pinch the middle of one of your rectangles to form a bow shape.  Continue to make bows until no dough remains.  Cook pasta bows in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes.  Drain pasta and pour into large salad bowl.  Toss pasta through pesto sauce.  Add tomatoes, capscium, artichokes, celery, rocket and cheese; toss through.  Sprinkle pasta with opitonal kalamata olives and pine nuts; if desired.  Serve.

Comments

  1. You are correct. This pasta salad goes with any season. Olives are a must. We love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish - a lovely change from the normal creamy pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany this sounds really delicious, when I get back to France at the end of March I will find my pasta machine and try this out with artichokes etc from my garden. I have bookmarked! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and I love that you made your own pasta bows for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I have wanted to try making my own pasta; you've given me the motivation to do it now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like I have to bring out my pasta machine!(it has been sleeping and collecting dust in my cabinet! guilty, guilty!) Love your pasta with all the veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you made fresh pasta. Looks really refreshing and delish! Happy New Year, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment