Massaman Stir Fry

Stir fry is a staple dish at our house.  This recipe was originally made up by my mother, and it is seriously tastey! It would make enough for 6, with leftovers probably.



Ingredients
700g sweet potoato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
500g chicken or beef
2 pkt tofu
2 onion
3 carrots
3 zucchini
2 handful of green beans
2/3 cup massaman curry paste, plus 2 tbsp
1 can carnation lite coconut milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
2/3 cup fresh chopped coriander

Method
Boil, steam or microwave potatoes til under.  Drain.  Do the same for the zucchini and beans.  Trim away and discard any excess fat from chicken or beef.  Thinly slice and cook in a frypan.  Once meat is cooked, remove it and keep it warm.  In frypan, cook onion, carrots and paste together.  Add milk. Stir-fry until carrots are tender. Add tofu. Return chicken to frypan with potatoes, zucchini, beans, sauce, sugar and peanuts.  Stir fry until hot.  Stir in corriander.  Serve.

Comments

  1. Mmmmmmm - time to get the stir fry pan out me thinks ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! My family and I love stir fry. Easy and nutrition and tasty..pefrect dish:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! Stir-fries are always the fastest, easiest and tasty too. This would go great with plain white rice.
    Are your exams over? ....^..^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy and yummy dish, love the veggies you've used...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so great. I am always more hungry for hearty dishes this time of year.

    I thought I was a follower, but I wasn't, now I am your newest follower!

    Yes, come and see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida if you ever visit the USA. It blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. here is so many inspirations!

    have a nice time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful this looks and sounds! You really are an inspiration. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amazing!
    It looks so delicious. I'd like to eat something like this right now.
    Thanks so much for your cute comment, I'm glad that you like bee sting. :)
    I would feel so honoured if you want to follow me. ;)
    Lovely regards,

    xx, Jana from petit fournil de paris.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm,delicious!!!!! ;-)
    Bravissima un bacio and good evening:-***

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, :)
    I just want to say that I tagged you. (Can I say this in English in this way? :D) Here is the link:
    http://cuisson-magique.blogspot.com/2010/11/tag-now-and-then.html
    If you have got some questions or problems to understand, I'd like to help you. You can write me a mail. :)
    petit-fournil-de-paris@hotmail.de
    Lovely regards,

    xx, Jana from petit fournil de paris.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can certainly understand why this is a favourite at your house. Everything sounds and looks delicious ;o)

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have lots of curry powder here, but massaman seems to be something new to me, as usual...it's bound to be yummy for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a yummy stir-fry! The curry must give it amazing flavor. Great dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the kind words! What a delicious sounding stir fry, your recipes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good. I'm on a HUGE tofu kick. The trouble is, is that the rest of my family doesn't like it. I usually just make enough for 2, have a dinner and next days lunch for me. The family usually isn't too picky, but I can't get them to like tofu. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment