Christmas Chocolate Cupcakes

I created the recipe for these delightful cupcakes two days ago, and since then have made them twice.  They are divine; a balanced mouthful of chocolate indulgence with light buttercream icing.  My favourite part about them is dressing them up with christmas wreaths, candy-canes or stockings!

Ingredients
125g butter, cubed
110g milk chocolate
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk, + 1 tbsp extra
1 egg
1/2 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 generous tbsp cocoa powder

Method
In a saucepan on medium heat, stir together with a metal spoon the butter, chocolate, sugar and milk.  When the mixture is all melted and combined, turn off the heat, and pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.  This will help speed up the cooling process.  Leave to cool slightly for 5 minutes; speed up the process by stirring it to incorporate some air.  Once cool, quickly add in the 1 egg and with a balloon whisk, beat it in.  Then sift over the flours, and using the whisk, mix them in.   Add in the cocoa powder and vanilla.  When mixture is smooth and combined, pour into patty cases.  Should make around 18 - 20 cupcakes.  Cover with butter cream icing (recipe here)

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! Love the Christmas wreath. Great job on the piping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ils sont mignons ma chère Brittany. Caro B. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Looks delicious(: I love the christmas cookie on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous decorating! It would be impossible for me to eat anything that looked so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! They'd get me in the mood for Christmas for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brittany Those cupcakes look devine and so pretty. Gets me in the mood for the holidays. I love getting exposed to all you wonderful bakers as I don't do to much baking myself. But I am definitely inspired. B:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this would be perfect for Christmas! Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ils sont beaux et joliment présentés
    bravo pour ce magnifique travail
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really getting me in the mood for the holiday. These are just beautiful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel a blog steal coming on lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brittany...you decorate in such an adorable fashion...great cupcakes!
    Which reminds me that I better get planning on my Christmas dessert selections ;o)

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute!

    I just saw your comment on Melanger Baking - I'm in Brisbane too!! You know, there is a Brisbane Food Bloggers group on Facebook - we meet for events fairly frequently, it's great! :D

    Search for 'Brisbane Food Bloggers' on FB if you're interested.

    It's always great to find new food blogs! :D
    Sarah @ iatebrisbane.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment