Springtime Individual Cakes

Well Spring is well and truly here in Australia.  The temperature is warming up, the flowers are starting too bloom and the possums on my roof are fighting...
So, to welcome my favourite season of the year here are my "Springtime Individual Cakes." I purchased this wonderful cake tin last week and was so happy that it arrived in time.  I highly recommend this tin!  It's manufactured by Nordicware and is cast aluminum so that all the intricate markings of the "backyard bugs" truly shows up.  I bought mine here but lots of online stores stock Nordicware.  I made these cakes in two batches, one with the Donna Hay Vanilla Cake and the other with the batter from my previously posted Donut Cake.  I topped them all with Royal Icing, and the recipe follows below.  I would recommend baking a light-coloured cake and using lighter colour glazes, such as light pink or white.  But experiment yourself and let your creativity come through!  Happy Spring!

Ingredients
1 cup icing sugar
1 egg white
1 squeeze lemon juice
+ your choice of colouring 

Method
Whisk together all ingredients.  Lightly glaze the cakes immediately, and be sure to scrap the excess glaze off so that the details of the bugs' wings shows up.

Cakes made on "Donut Cake" recipe

Comments

  1. How gorgeous! and it's my guess they taste delicious~ I take the bee!
    ~Dianne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... these are ever so cute! Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet little cakes! Je les adore! We call our daughter "Queen Bee" and the precious cake would just bee perfect!

    Bon Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable and perfect for the arrival of your spring!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Your cakes are sooooo ciute!!! Have nice weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are surely too cute to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too pretty !!! Autumn is sweeping in here in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so adorable! I think my favorite is the ladybird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want them all!!!!

    But if I had to choose it would be the butterfly:-}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nooo....I've been resisting that tin! You've made them look so cute that I'm now going to have to reconsider.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty!
    I made one of your recipes: http://aristolafood.blogspot.com/2010/09/chocolate-and-coconut-slice.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, those are so sweet looking. My babygirl would love them.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Nordicware. I had not seen these. They are adorable. Molds turn cakes magical.

    I use any excuse to bake a cake in Nordicware. I do have the little roses and they are precious looking.

    Did this take a long time to do. You must have patience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brittany...you're such a creatively patient baker. These are too cute.
    Great baking fun!!!

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! You made them! These look great! I love the bee!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment