Rocky Road

My Dad's favourite treat is Rocky Road.  So for Father's Day, instead of buying some, I decided to make it.  It's really straight forward and looks great in the end.  I particularly like the little red glacé cherries that poke through the mess of chocolate and marshmallows...


Ingredients
400g chocolate
2 cups pink and white marshmallows, roughly chopped, some into halves and some in quarters
1 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 pkt red glacé cherries
60g butter, cubed
+ optional 1 - 1 1/2 tsp sherry

Method
Line a 18 by In a large bowl, mix together the chopped marshmallows, coconut, peanuts and cherries.  Using the double boiler method (ie. heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan slightly filled with water) stir together the chocolate and butter with a metal spoon until it has melted.  Be careful not to over melt the chocolate, if there are still some very small bits of chocolate unmelted that should be fine.  Pour the melted chocolate and sherry over the marshmallow mixture and stir together until all the ingredients have an equal coating of chocolate.  Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.  Cut into pieces. 

I am sharing this at Cocinca's Diary as part of her Sunday's at One Food Club, why don't you get involved too?

Comments

  1. Hm, I think I should make this as well some day. I really like your recipe.
    Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miam! that is a fab photo of some even more suberbe Rocky Road.
    ~Dianne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, that favorite of your dad's is pretty fine looking. Happy Father's Day to him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocky Road is one of the best treats going. I'm sure your Dad was chuffed to bits to get such a yummy treat for Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think, I have ever seen Rocky Road with cherries. It is a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had Rocky Road but this looks so delicious I may just have to give it a try. Also, I am hosting a weekly food club/ blog hop on my food blog. Would love to have you join us. It is on Sundays and its name is Sundays at One Food Club. Hope you can come and join us!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've never seen rocky road w/cherries, either...but i bet it sure tastes great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll wager this is delicious. How nice of you to make it for your Dad. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rocky road!! I've never tried one with glace cherries though. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this has been one of my tobake list..which i never got round baking! Yours looks mouthwatering! wish i could have a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. une gourmandise riche et exquise qui me séduit beaucoup car je suis très gourmande
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! I am craving some chocolate right now. Rocky road is my husband's favorite. He would go crazy for yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making rocky road. So many different possibilities and I like your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! I've never made rocky road, but have really been craving it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant! I love that you added cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta love Rocky Road & I've never thought of making it myself. It must be awesome with those yummy cherries. Will definitely have to try it! Thanks for stopping by my blog - hope you have a fabulous week - Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the colors that show through in the rocky road. Red is my favorite color.

    I put tips on my blog for losing weight in my comments of this post: http://sugarcookieart.blogspot.com/2010/09/lego-cake.html

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brittany...this happens to be one of my Hubby's favourites...especially if incorporated into an ice-cream treat ;o)

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love whatever has cherries, so I am bookmarking this recipe...
    Thanks!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  20. your blog is beautiful and i like it... thanks for yours recipes...
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  21. So true! Rocky road is so much nicer when it's home made as you can add the bits that you want! Lucky dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous looking!!!
    Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! ça a l'air cochon cette recette. Je la prends au passage. Caroline B. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment