Mint Chocolate Brownies

A couple of nights ago my mother had her book club around, and we prepared asian style food for it.  I think that asian food requires a freshness and a zing, so what is a better dessert to serve than chocolate brownies with mint in them? 

Ingredients
100g milk chocolate, your favourite brand and/or quality
50g mint chocolate, must not be 'gooey' sort, chocolate must be solid but flavoured with mint
125g butter, cubed
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 cup plain flour
+ handful of chocolate dinner mints (can be gooey sort) roughly chopped


Method
On low heat in a saucepan, place the milk and mint chocolate, the butter and cocoa powder together.  Stir with a metal spoon until ingredients are melted together.  Pour sugar into mixture and mix together until just combined.  Pour lightly beaten eggs into mixture and roughly bring together with spoon.  Sift flour over top of mixture and the roughly chopped of chocolate dinner mints; bring together with a wooden spoon.  Add 1/2 tbsp of milk extra if needed.  Pour into a lined brownie pan and bake in oven for around 50 minutes on 140 degrees (fan-forced).  Cut into bite size pieces before serving.

Comments

  1. Brittany, one of my biggest baking mistakes as a newlywed cook was with mint brownies. We were having company and I mistakenly used peppermint oil rather than peppermint flavoring. The entire apartment smelled like a breath mint! Thank you for a gentle recipe and for the long-ago reminder. (Oh, and of course we tossed out the chewy chocolate breath mints!)
    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous brownies,i love the combination chocolate&mint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love the mint in these brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore mint choc anything but have never seen the combination in a brownie before - it's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my this is one to avoid on the diet. They sound so good if I get into these I will be 20lbs heavier for Paris. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mint in dessert, but I can't seem to find any mint extract so it's great that this recipe doesn't call for it. Mint and chocolate is sooo delicious! Sweet yet refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love mint and chocolate but never tried it in brownies. These look and sound scrumptious.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely recipe. I love the combination of mint and chocolate. Your recipe sounds amazing. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always ready for brownies! And with the touch of mint, I find the idea very interesting! Yum ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the combination of chocolate and mint. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baileys and mint with the chocolate...now this combo, I've got to integrate with maybe a choco muffin too. Great brownie recipe Brittany ;o)

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Classic combination! Your picture is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mint and chocolate! Anyway I can get them will do nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, they look very big and decadent. I made these one time except it was just regular brownies with mint frosting. It works both ways though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are mighty pretty. You have a way with the baked goods, my friend. These look as good as they can get. I want some, darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. trop gourmands et tentants ces brownies chocolatés et parfumés à la menthe
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are talkign my language - chocoalte and mint is one of my fave flavour combos. Can't wait to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love mint in my chocolate! Oh and hazelnut.. and raspberry... and oh my gosh- give me all of it really.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wo hame ek lamha na de paye apne pyar ka,aur hum unke liye apni zindagi gawa beithe play bazaar is very good blogspot satta king Dil se roye magar honto se muskura beithe,yunhi hum kisi se wafa nibha beithe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment