Smartie Cookies

Looking to bring a bit of brightness to your day? Well try these bright smartie cookies! They prove that even the simplest sweet can be very much savoured...




Ingredients

175g caster sugar
110g brown sugar
225g unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract (or 2 tsp vanilla essence)
450g plain flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
55ml milk
+ smarties for decoration

Method
Beat together the sugars and butter until pale and fluffy. In a seperate bowl, use a whisk to beat together the vanilla and eggs. Gradually transfer this egg mixture to the creamed mixture, beating between each addition. This will prevent the mixture from curdling. Over this mixture, sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Use a metal spoon to carefully fold together until no lumps remain. Gradually add the milk and stir until soft dough forms (be careful not to add too much milk or dough will be too sticky). Leave in fridge for 20 minutes, covered. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (fan-forced) and prepare 2 large cookie trays. Remove from fridge and roll small balls of mixture; put on prepared tray and flatten slightly. The cookies will spread a fair bit when cooking. Continue rolling balls until no mixture remains. Decorate the balls of dough with as many smarties as you desire. Bake biscuits for 8-9 minutes or until they are golden brown, but still slightly soft. They will harden slightly upon cooling. If you want a crunchier cookie, then cook for longer until brown and rather firm to touch when removed from oven.

Comments

  1. These will be crowd pleasers. Adults will love them for their taste, children will love them for the colorful addition of candy. I love your recipes and will be back often to see what you've been baking. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get those cookies so perfectly shaped? That is a good job.

    This has to be a popular cookie with the colors of the candy and the flavor of the cookie, itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look da bomb, I'm so making these! I have a big family gathering soon and the kids will love these cookies.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany...if for nothing else...your cookies made me smile. You just gave me a fun idea for my niece's upcoming Birthday party.

    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cookies. They definitely would brighten my day:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies look so happy! They made me smile & I bet they are delcious to boot. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't help but smile when I see Smartie Cookies. They always seem so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful. I happen to have a bag of smarties at home... must give these a try. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy!!!!! What a great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking at this post and the kids saw the picture and insisted that I make it! Too pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum this will be a great treat to make with friends I love cooking and i hope i can learn to cook like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wanna let you know i'm Mary Stirling's daughter i'm eight years old

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made them sometime ago and finally got round to blogging about it. I've linked your page to my blog. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ rach sho - Hi there! Thanks for commenting, I hope you enjoy the recipes. Say hi to Ms Stirling for me :)

    @ Baking Addict - thank you so much ! This made my day to see my recipe recommended ;D Happy baking

    ReplyDelete
  15. More than thousands of the website can help you for reaching out for the live games result and play bazaar satta king games results are free on the every website but there is big trouble for the live game and superfast result of satta king Play Bazaar is trusted websbite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment