Oreo Icing

My last post was inspired by the Australian favourite, Anzac biscuits. But this recipe is very much an American style baked good! Oreo Icing, also known as Cookies and Cream Frosting, is a wonderful way to make your chocolate cupcakes more exciting. The texture is great - light due to the cream content but the addition of oreos creates a contrasting crunch. I paired this icing with the chocolate buttermilk cupcakes which I posted earlier, and topped some of them with mini oreo biscuits.

Ingredients for Icing
1 cup thickened cream (full fat)
1 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
9 crushed Oreo biscuits

Method

Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the cream, icing sugar and vanilla together for 1 minute on medium speed. Then turn the speed to high and whisk until stiff. Stir in the crushed cookies. Place on top of your choice of cupcake.

Comments

  1. I love your blog. I certainly can draw some inspiration from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute cupcakes! I love cookies and cream and an Oreo is such a delicious, ready to use decoration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who deosn't like Oreos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haa... Cream, chocolate cupcakes and Oreos: The perfect match! Looks delicioooouussss !

    ReplyDelete
  5. my girls would absolutely love this frosting.....they love cookies and cream anything!
    I mean its oreo's!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes look wonderful, the icing sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ils sont parfaits pour les gourmands et les gourmets
    j'adore en la présentation me fait saliver
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks amazing!! cant wait to try that icing..my mouth waters just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cream...is not good for my expanding waist but I dont care :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. of coarse it would work but I suggest that you grill them with a little sprinkle of olive oil and some oregano on top, only cooked could be a little bland but would still work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brittany...believe it or not...I have made many muffins...however...I still have not ventured in the crazy scrumptious array of cupcakes.
    I appreciate the fact that you used heavy cream to make that tasty frosting of yours. They look so tempting ;o)

    Ciao for now and have a wonderful day,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a cake maker but they look delicious.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog today. No matter how many times I go to France or Italy I end up taking photos of the Markets.. they are brilliant. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmmmmmmmmm - love oreo frosting ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. With these ingredients, it most assuredly will be fabulous! I love OREOs on most anything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a real weakness for ores.like can't buy and not finish the whole package.so needless to say that I just LOVE this icing.got to try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice recipe. I can use this to ice cupcakes for my grandsons as well as a tea cake for my daughters. They all love cookies and cream ice cream, so this will be a real treat. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a wonderful combination with chocolate cupcakes. I will try it for a chocolate/cookie treat for the team at work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Brittany,
    I can't wait to taste this!!!!!!
    from rach sho

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment