Marbled Cheesecake Brownie

This recipe comes from the Australian magazine Recipes+ and the end result is delicious and moist! It is a definite crowd pleaser, for both adults and children, as it combines the favourites: a cheesecake and a brownie.

Ingredients
100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
125g butter, chopped into cubes
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup caster sugar, plus 1/3 cup extra
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup plain flour
250g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method
Preheat the oven to 140 degrees (fan-forced) and prepare a 30cm by 20cm slice pan. Combine chocolate, butter and cocoa in a saucepan over low heat and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, and add 1 cup of sugar and 2 of the eggs. Stir until combined. Sift flour over chocolate mixture and stir; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, extra sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Place large spoonfuls of chocolate mixture and cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan, alternating mixtures. Using a round bladed flat knife, swirl mixture to marble. Try to leave a small amount of the base unmarbled if you'd like a predominately brownie base. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool the brownies in a pan.

Comments

  1. As word pairing goes, there can't be many better than "cheesecake brownie"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with the Caked Crusader! Yummy. Thanks for passing by my blog. I hope to see you there soon. I am going to be eating my way through your gorgeous desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. I love cheesecake and brownies - I made one recently but haven't had a chance to blog about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone else - cheesecake brownie - enough said. I'll just have to walk a little longer tomorrow!
    Bon journée,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brownies and, I love cream cheese. It's the perfect match for a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make such fantastic desserts! I love the Australian recipes and have quite a few of the Australian Women's Weekly publications.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely and delicious these look. This is really a great dessert recipe. I hope to bake these soon. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Brittany. I think that just clicking here adds calories -- hah!

    They look delicious and I know that window shopping does not pack it on.

    Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful combination of two firm favourites - cheesecake and brownies, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can you go wrong with brownie and cheesecake? A fabulous combination- your brownies look very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brownies and cheesecake, what a great combination...yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't resist anything with the word cheesecake in it. This looks wonderful. I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son loves anything cheese and a great fan of marble cake, so this is the perfect one for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cheesecake brownies and the marbling is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheesecake..brownies...say no more; I am in love:) Yummy, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this recipe! It has both of my favourite desserts in one: cheesecake and brownie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cheescake and brownies! what a perfect combination! It looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well...not much to say except...YUMMMY...I do crave this combo quite often...too bad for my hips ;o)

    Ciao,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll be adding this one to my must try list poste haste!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful pairing. I am glad, I am far away from you. Otherwise, I would just move in and taste everything. I bet that tasting would put on the pounds. Sigh.

    Your photos are sheer genius. Each one stands out and shines.

    ReplyDelete
  21. More than thousands of the website can help you for reaching out for the live games result and play bazaar satta king games results are free on the every website but there is big trouble for the live game and superfast result of satta king Play Bazaar is trusted websbite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment