Flan à la Française (French flan)

This french flan is the easiest recipe which results in a smooth and subtle dessert. It has no crust, however the small amount of flour in the recipe falls to the bottom to create a thin base-like texture.


Ingredients

2 cups of milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg

Method
In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth. Pour into greased 9 inch deep dish and sprinkle cinnamon and/or nutmeg on top. Bake at 180 degrees (fanforced) for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool on rack for 1 hour and refridgerate before serving.

Comments

  1. That sounds really simple I'm going to try it in my individual flans & serve with scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top and a sugared violet for decoration (seeing I have them growing like weeds in my garden) - will let you know how it turns out.
    Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds beautiful Dianne! Can't wait to hear what you think of the taste

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made this as a tart! what a great flan and a wonderful presentation!
    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how straight-forward this tart is but looks absolutely delish.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try this,. It sounds simply delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brittany...what I can absolutely appreciate about a recipe like this one is the fact that I can whirl it my blender and have a flan in no time at all.
    How can I not try such an easy recipe... especially since I do like flan very much ;o)

    Have a great weekend and flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried a flan but have always wanted too. I love your simple recipe. It sounds so good:) I will definitely make this.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Une recette simple et savoureuse. j'en fais aussi et j'aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt et bon weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. je trouve que tu as magnifique blog
    ton flan est délicieux, personnellement je ne m'en lasse jamais
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful recipe - it looks so good and yet so easy to make. Definitely a must try for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry my dear, i forgot about your question..lol! I think there will be a difference using fresh vanilla beans because i think fresh vanilla pods will probably give a stronger vanilla flavor (not 100% sure since i didn't bake with fresh pods), but i think the vanilla bean paste tasted just a good imo..enough vanilla flavoring for me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment