Donut Cake

As I have misplaced my Kugelhopf tin, I decided to put a twist on the traditional bundt cake recipe. This cake looks similar to a giant donut, and it is perfect for when you have a sweet tooth or "quand on a un faible pour les sucreries.."

Ingredients for Cake
220g butter
150g brown sugar
50 g caster sugar
4 eggs
190g self-raising flour
2 tbsp milk

Ingredients for Glaze
1/4 cup butter
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp milk, or dash more
your choice of extract (eg. vanilla, almond, orange)

Method
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan-foreced) and grease and line a bundt tin. Beat together the butter and sugars until light and creamy, then beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla. Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in. Stir in the milk, then pour the batter into prepared tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes and leave for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. To make the glaze, melt the butter. Then put the sifted icing sugar into a medium size bowl. Pour in the melted butter and add the milk, followed by your choice of extract (I chose vanilla). Beat until smooth and creamy, adding dash of milk if necessary. Quickly pour over cooled cake and immediately add sprinkles or decorations before glazing sets. It may be easier to put your cake on a rack over your sink and then pour the icing. This will make your job easier to clean up. Serve, and enjoy!

Comments

  1. Ciao! first of all thanks for stopping to my blog and leaving a comment. I'm glad you liked the recipe! I saw some recipes here in your blog and they sounds so interesting! One of the recipes that I appreciated is the Irish Apple Cake, I have bookmarked it. Thanks!
    A presto,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at this! It is lovely looking cake. I've been reading up on your previous recipes, too, and realizing this is such a wonderful resource for people. You have some really great recipes here. I'm very impressed. And look! More readers, too. ;-) That is wonderful.

    Your upcoming recipes sound delicious, also. I've always wanted to know how to make a good boeuf bourguinon, too, so I am looking forward to that one.

    Have a wonderful week!
    xx
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks extremely scrumptious! A dream cake!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is indeed a real treat. I am new to your blog. Your lovely cake led me to begin reading your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did. I love your recipes and the convivial tone of your blog. I'll be back often. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious. And it really looks like one big donut :o) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful idea and a great treat. I am so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous looking cake!

    You left a comment on my blog under my Oat Cookies but I've been having problems with blogger and unable to publish the comments. Could you please try commenting again, thanks?

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Brittany, got your message about the gateau breton. So what happened when you made the crisscross? Did it disappear after you bake it? Did you refrigerate/freeze the batter briefly (in the pan) before you bake it? I don't remember if Rose said to make the crisscross before or after the batter is more firm. Maybe this is why you had the issue? Sorry I'm not very helpful, have only made the breton once :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brittany, got your message :). I looked at the instruction for Gateau Breton and it said to glaze with egg, then make the criss cross pattern, instead of the other way around. Maybe that's why, the egg glaze fill the pattern and so in result, you couldn't see it after it's baked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this cake is so delicious britta, and it kind of does taste like a donut!
    and it is very easy to eat a lot of...

    ReplyDelete
  11. More than thousands of the website can help you for reaching out for the live games result and play bazaar satta king games results are free on the every website but there is big trouble for the live game and superfast result of satta king Play Bazaar is trusted websbite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment