Chocolate Cheat Croissants [À grace de Nigella]

These quick chocolate croissants featured on an episode of Nigella Lawson's Cooking show. Nigella's method of rolling was a little different, I personally preferred the technique used by beautiful blog baker "Paris Pastry," which you can see here. I whipped them up tonight to surprise my French class as it is Bastille Day tomorrow! We are going to have french music, conversation, food and recipe handouts. If you want to surprise your family with something special for your own Bastille Day celebration I would highly recommend these little golden croissants. If you aren't celebrating Bastille Day, these would also be delicious hot out of the oven and served at a sunny brunch between friends...

Ingredients
1 packet of pre-made puff pastry
1 block of chocolate (I used a mixture of milk and white chocolate)
1 egg yolk, beaten
1-2 tbsp caster sugar

Method
Defrost your puff pustry sheets and cut one square sheet into 4 relatively long-large oblique triangles. Place the triangle with the tip of facing away from you and the widest part closest to you. On this wide part, place cut up bits of your choice of chocolate along, relatively evenly. Roll this chocolate loaded end towards the point of the triangle. You should now have a roll with the thinnest bit of the triangle on top. Continue to do this with as many triangles as you like, until you have enough croissants. Place these on a greased baking tray. Then, place the beaten egg yolk in a bowl and mix in with 1-2 tbsp of caster sugar. Brush the croissants with this egg-sugar mixture. Place in an oven for around 15-20 minutes on 200 degrees (fan-forced). Ensure that they don't burn towards the end, but also be sure to check that the pastry is fully cooked on the inside.

Comments

  1. I adore chocolate croissants, especially still warm out of the oven! I've been meaning to try Nigella's cheat version for ages. Yours turned out perfect!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is too delicious looking. Yours are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Gawd those are way too easy!
    And yours look even better than Nigellas!
    I will run away so I don't start cheating...
    merci
    carolg

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious. Do you think Nutella would work instead of Chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so delicious, aren't they? Perfect for every occasion! Happy Bastille Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg these look wonderful. I've seen them in bakeries and never even imagined trying to make them myself. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You've got a great site here, I'm subscribing and look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I checked out both your blogs - the croissants are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! fabulous idea and so simple - my mouth is watering just looking at them
    Bonne fete
    Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A while ago I had experimented with the same type of recipe. I had put too much chocolate...oops.
    Yours look wonderful!

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. More than thousands of the website can help you for reaching out for the live games result and play bazaar satta king games results are free on the every website but there is big trouble for the live game and superfast result of satta king Play Bazaar is trusted websbite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment