Best Banana Bundt Bread

I literally ran to my computer to upload this recipe because it's so delicious; I just had to share it. As the title of this post promises, I have created the best [ever] banana bundt bread. Why, may you ask is it the best? Well, besides from being insanely delicious, easy to make, fluffy but crispy on the outside and full of banana goodness...it is also low fat and low cholesterol! So now everyone can enjoy a piece of this amazing banana bread. This can also be served with low fat cream cheese icing if your having guests over, and your concerned about presentation; if not it is great without icing and works well as a weekday sweet for lunch.

Ingredients
1 cup plain self-raising flour
1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 large handful of walnuts, halved
4 really very overripe bananas, medium size
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs lightly beaten, and separated
3/4 tsp vanilla bean paste

Method
Line and grease a bundt tin. Sift together the flours, bicarb soda and sugar. Add the walnuts and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Make a well in the center of these dry ingredients and set aside. In a seperate bowl, place the mashed bananas and oil together. Add the lightly beaten egg yolks to this banana mixture and mix together with a fork until just combined. Add these wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon, but stop before the ingredients are combined (ensure there is still flour visible). Stop mixing at this point and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Continue to fold the ingredients together until completely combined. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean paste (or 1 tsp of vanilla essence) and stir until combined. Add 1/4 tsp of vanilla bean paste and gently and slightly fold through. Bake in oven on 150 degrees (fan-forced) for 1 hour. Let cool on wire rack before serving plain or with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
250g lite cream cheese
1/4 cup icing sugar (or to taste)
good squeeze of lemon juice

Method
Beat together all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Alter the sugar, or lemon ratio to suit your taste. Smooth onto cooled cake and enjoy.

Please note that certaines personnes [my family] have demolished almost of all this cake in less than 1 hour.

Comments

  1. Wow not surprised the cake has been demolished in less than 1 hour! That banana bread with the cream cheese frosting looks so yummy.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany, your recipe for banana cake is lovely and the cake itself wouldn't last a day in my house. My family would become instant fans. I've never iced a banana bread, but you've given me food for thought. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would make this into cupcakes so i wouldn't eat it all at once...just a cupcake at a time

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'est normal que ce gâteau est parti aussi vite, j'imagine sa texture en bouche avec cette couche de cream cheese!!!!!
    un bonheur pour les papilles, dommage que je ne puisse pas y goûter
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like I need to give this a try...the best and it's healthy? Yup, gotta try.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look very good and I'm sure the cream cheese would have made it even tastier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious. Pairing it with a cream cheese frosting sounds very tasty. Have you ever tried adding spices like cinnamon and cloves to banana bread? It's heavenly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady, you are speaking my language! I can't wait to give this recipe a try - thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tell you this is what I am going to do----print this and the chicken recipe right now and make sure I bake it this week. I am off to Vietnam this Friday and if I dont do it before, I shall do it when I am back!!! Arggh...I am so hungry now....I can almost imagine eating that bread. BTW, I;ve baked banana bread before...with not much success, but I know I will be good this time :P Happy week ahead...M

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must try this! Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy! The cream cheese on top of the banana cake is begging to be eaten. Interesting to use bicarbonate soda - is this club soda or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love banana cakes!!! when ever I see a bundt cake I think of my big fat Greek wedding where they didn't know why the cake had a hole in the middle and put a flower in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love banana anything and this looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cake looks absolutely delicious with this cream cheese frosting !!! Huumm...

    ReplyDelete
  15. this cake looks really scrummy - I'm going to try freezing one because hopefully it will make and excellent dessert cake served with a little whipped cream and berries on the side. Will let you know if this freezes well.
    Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will have to try it next week when I recover from my jet lag.

    Mary at http://sweetssuccessbaking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just to let you know...i came back and copied this recipe..fingers and toes crossed..i hope it will be as good as yours as I've never baked bread before :O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment