Australian Anzac Biscuits

For me, Anzac Biscuits are like a childhood favourite. The best version is when its crunchy on the outside but softer and moister on the inside. I hope you can all make these simple but homely biscuits if you haven't already tried these iconic Australian biscuits...







Ingredients

120g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 tbsp boiling water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp milk

Method
Preheat oven to 150 degrees (fan-forced) and prepare 2 baking trays. Place butter and syrup in a saucepan over low heat and stir occassionally until melted. Set aside. In a bowl, stir together oats, coconut and caster sugar; then sift flour over the top. Combine with a wooden spoon and create a well. Pour butter mixture into the well of the oat mixture and stir together. Add milk gradually; using more if mixture is still too dry. Roll mixture into balls (using around 1 and 1/2 tbsp of mixture per ball) and place about 5cm apart on the trays. Flatten the balls with a fork (flatten slightly if you like thick or more so if you like regular). Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown but still slightly soft. If you want your biscuits to be completely crisp and dry then cook for longer. The cookies will harden slightly whilst cooling.

Comments

  1. I don't know the Anzac cookies. This is the first time I heard about that, but it will be a pleasure for me to cook this australian biscuits.

    Thanks and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of them before either, but they look very yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not yet tried these but your recipe is a great motivator. They look delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, these are on my to-bake list on my blog! Hope they turn out as well as these, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious! Something that i would love to munch on all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything containing coconut is ok with me! Lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brittany...I love these tasty cookies too...and now I know what to call them thanks to you. This recipe for Anzac Biscuits will have to get baked in my kitchen too. Into my file they go...

    All the very best,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment