Irish Apple Cake

Very quick and easy to make, and is yummy for a winter dessert. Serve hot (or cold if you like it) with custard, cream or ice-cream. This cake is a Irish recipe, and is supposed to have a rustic, traditional, home-cooked look about it.

Ingredients
250g plain flour
1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
125g caster or white sugar
125g butter
3-4 green apples, peeled, cored and rougly chopped
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan-forced. Grease a 20cm round cake tin. Sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon. Cut in the butter roughly (do not rub it in or cream it) and then add the apples. Stir in egg and milk to make a fairly stiff mixture (the batter will be lumpy-ish). If you need a dash more milk to make it less dry, then add it sparingly. Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour.

Comments

  1. Love the look of this cake. I adore Apple Cake although being from Ireland I must admit I've never seen this kind of apple cake before! I love your blog, it reminds of my 5 years spent living in France and the dreams I had before I moved there. Bon courage pour votre continuation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment